“Alzheimer’s” knows and understands the easy life of those close to them.
Currently, our world is entering an aging society. Thailand is one country that has stepped into the characteristics of such a society. An aging society comes with various health problems , especially diseases that cause dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Report from https://ufabet999.com
What causes Alzheimer’s disease?
Alzheimer’s Disease (Alzheimer’s Disease) is a disease that results from the deterioration of brain function as a result of abnormalities in the structure of brain tissue. The disorder is cause by the accumulation of abnormal proteins. The key protein that is abnormal in this disease is beta-amyloid. (Beta-amyloid) and Tau when these abnormal proteins accumulate. Resulting in brain cells deteriorating and losing function. causing dementia symptoms
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
Due to advancements in medical science. Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis has become more accurate and accurate. and can detect. This disease Even though the patient does not yet have clear symptoms, the different stages of the disease progression in Alzheimer’s disease are divide into 3 stages:
- Preclinical stage: In this stage, brain tissue abnormalities will occur. But there are still no abnormal symptoms.
- Stage with only mild symptoms (Mild Cognitive Impairment). In this stage, patients will begin to experience various symptoms of the dementia syndrome mentioned above. But it is not yet an obstacle in living life.
- Stage of clear dementia (Dementia). In this stage, the patient will clearly have symptoms of dementia. and have problems in living life In this stage of clearly having dementia Symptoms may be of varying severity.
In the early stages of mild dementia, symptoms may include only a slight loss of memory and various skills, but the patient can help himself to a certain extent. In the moderately severe stage, patients will have more emotional and behavioral problems than before. And starting to have to have a caretaker, which may be a relative or other personnel. In the more severe stages, patients will lose their memory and various skills. As well as having more behavioral and emotional problems. and there is an abnormality in the movement system causing the patient to be unable to help himself It is necessary to have a caretaker available to help at all times.
Causes of Alzheimer’s disease
Dementia is a condition in which brain function deteriorates. From various causes, the overall symptoms will divide into 3 types:
- There are abnormalities in memory and various skills (Cognition). Such as forgetting things that have already been done. Decreased ability to perform various activities, confusion about directions, dates, times, and places, etc.
- Have abnormalities in mood and behavior (Behavior), such as being more irritable and aggressive Behaving in a way that society does not accept, etc.
- There is an abnormality in performing daily activities (Activity in Daily Life), such as not being able to do various activities that use able to be done and eventually being unable to help oneself, etc., as a result of the aforementioned overall symptoms. It will affect the daily life of both the patient, those around him and society. Therefore, having accurate knowledge and understanding about dementia is an important basis that will lead to diagnosis and care. and preparation for solving various problems that will occur in the future For patients, relatives and society as a whole
Prof. Dr. Kamman Pantumchinda, President of the Dementia Association of Thailand, said that Alzheimer’s disease is one of the diseases of the elderly that the world attaches great importance to. This is because it is the most common disease that causes dementia. From statistics around the world. Including Thailand, elderly people aged 60 years and above are found to have Alzheimer’s disease, approximately 3-6 percent, and it is more often found in female patients than in males. In patients under that age, this disease is less common. And most of them are cause by genetic diseases. Currently, although research studies on Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly.
There will be a lot of new information, but it is still not possible to know the true cause of the disease, only the pathology and pathophysiological changes. that results in various symptoms And know the various risk factors that may cause this disease. Therefore, modern medicine cannot completely cure this disease, but it may be able to control the various symptoms of this disease to a certain extent. By modifying the pathophysiological changes of this disease.
The same is true for protection. That is, absolutely cannot prevent. It may only delay the onset of symptoms or reduce the severity of the symptoms of such diseases. By reducing various risk factors that induce disease symptoms